Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Personalized Teacher Gift

I was inspired to make these personalized teacher gifts from a post I read on Brown Paper Packages last year. Kierste from Brown Paper Packages is so clever. My sons start their preschool in a week and I wanted to let the teachers know how much we already appreciate them. I bought a handful of antibacterial soap from Bath and Body Works last time they had a sale. I thought these would make a perfect first day of school present.



Supplies:

Antibacterial soap
Spray can of primer
Tape
Spray can of color of choice
Vinyl or stickers
Ribbon
Directions:
1. Peel off the label on the front of the soap bottle and scrub off any residue. Ensure dry before proceeding.
2. Tape off section on the front that you want to paint and decorate.


3. Spray paint soap front with primer. (Make sure the pump is covered too)
4. Allow primer to dry. Here in 100 degree Texas weather it is soooo fast. I forgot to take a picture of the next step...but spray your color of choice over the dry primer. 


5. Allow paint to dry completely. Carefully remove tape from soap dispenser.
6. Decorate with teacher's name, stickers, hot glued flowers, ribbon, etc.





We were having such fun making them we decided to make one for the boy's dad as well. I showed them to my husband and he could hardly tell it was paint on top. I hope the teachers like them!


Parties I linked to:

NightOwlCraftingSomewhat SimplePhotobucketFantabulous Friday!http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/search/label/the%20Cure%20for%20the%20Common%20Monday

9 comments:

  1. So cute! I'm sure their teachers will love them!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I like how you painted the bottle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so very pretty and what teacher wouldn't love something from Bath and Body Works?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! It is always so special when students give teachers a gift. :) I know I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do you get the spray primer/paint? Any certain brand or finish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy mine at Home Depot or Lowes. I believe it is a usually a little larger then a can of regular spray paint.

      Delete
  6. This is such a creative idea. I hope you don't mind me sharing the link on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...